Real Estate & Construction Litigation
Providing Experienced Legal Representation for Real Estate and Construction Matters
McAllister, DeTar, Showalter & Walker’s (MDSW) experienced and skilled litigators are regularly enlisted to address real estate and construction-related disputes across Maryland, Delaware and beyond. Our firm works closely with clients to resolve discrepancies as quickly and efficiently as possible to bring projects to fruition, maximize the return on real property investments as well as minimize and mitigate risks resulting from disputes.
Real Estate Litigation
Disputes involving real property can arise at any time for any number of reasons. Buyers and sellers may be at odds over a failed transaction, conflicts may arise with neighboring property owners over the use and development of the property and encumbrances may negatively impact a property’s value and transferability leading to costly title litigation.
MDSW’s lawyers have experience with all issues that can lead to real estate litigation, including disputes involving:
- Purchase/sale contracts and options
- Disposition of escrowed proceeds
- Condominium and homeowners’ associations
- Land use and zoning issues
- Environmental issues
- Title defects
- Lien resolution
- Boundary disputes
- Adverse possession claims
- Condemnation/eminent domain
- Management and operating agreement disputes
Our litigators have extensive experience representing owners, contractors, subcontractors, design professionals and others when disputes arise during the course of a construction project. We are prepared to vigorously advocate for our clients’ interests while simultaneously looking for creative ways to resolve disputes fairly and efficiently.
Our attorneys handle disputes involving:
- Construction defects and failures leading to personal injury
- Claim review, preparation and analysis
- Scheduling issues, including delays, inefficiencies, interference, compression, acceleration and related issues
- Differing site condition claims
- Design issues
- Bonding/surety issues
- Product failures
- Liquidated damages disputes
- Construction insurance
- Termination issues
- Dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration and litigation in state and federal courts
Contact Our Real Estate and Construction Dispute Attorneys
If you are involved in a dispute involving the ownership, use or development of real property in Maryland, Delaware or across the Eastern Shore, the seasoned litigators at McAllister, DeTar, Showalter & Walker can provide you with sound guidance and vigorous advocacy. With over 30 years of combined experience, our attorneys provide high-level representation and a superior client experience focused on results. Call us today at (410) 820-0222 or contact us online to arrange a consultation about your specific issues or concerns.