Douglas (Doug) S. Walker
Douglas (Doug) S. Walker represents numerous local, regional and national financial institutions, as well as investment funds, in all aspects of commercial financing transactions, restructurings and collection matters. His practice includes representation of financial institutions throughout the State of Maryland, in connection with loan closings, loan sales or acquisitions, participation agreements, workouts, reorganizations, troubled debt restructures, foreclosures and bankruptcy.
Doug also regularly counsels businesses and developers in a variety of corporate and commercial real estate matters and serves as general corporate counsel for many regional and closely held businesses. His business practice includes representation businesses of all sizes in various industries, as well as equity investors, in a wide variety or corporate and business matters, including, but not limited to, mergers and acquisitions, sales, reorganizations, spin-offs, joint ventures, drafting and negotiating employment agreements and buy-sell agreements as well as general day-to-day business and succession planning.
His real estate practice includes representing owners, developers, borrowers, private equity funds and lenders in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including real estate development, leasing, financing, construction contracts, acquisition and the preparation and negotiation of declarations, easements and other real estate development documents.
Prior to founding McAllister, DeTar, Showalter & Walker (MDSW), Doug practiced with Miles & Stockbridge P.C. for nine years, four of which as a partner, and prior to that spent five years practicing at Royston, Mueller, McLean and Reid, LLP in Towson, Maryland. Doug lives with his wife and three daughters in Easton, Maryland and enjoys spending time with his family throughout the Eastern Shore exercising, playing or coaching sports and fishing.
- Pennsylvania, 2003 (inactive)
- Maryland, 2002
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (inactive)
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Federal District Court for the District of Maryland
- National Association of Dealer Counsel 2019 – present
- Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies Committee of the ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section: Co-Vice Chair, 2010-2014 and Chair, 2014-2015
- American Bar Association: Real Property Trust and Estate Law Section, 2010-present
- Talbot County Bar Association, 2007-present
- Maryland State Bar Association, 2003-present
- Baltimore County Bar Association, 2002-2008
- Maryland Super Lawyers – Super Lawyer – Selected for inclusion in the area of Banking, 2019
- What’s Up Eastern Shore® - Eastern Shore Leading Lawyers – Selected for inclusion in the area of Business Law, May 2016
- Maryland Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars Edition – Selected for inclusion in the area of Banking, 2013-2017