Johnny M. Gilman
Johnny’s practice focuses on labor, employment, compensation, benefits, immigration, and workplace safety issues. In addition to representing clients and municipal governments in private practice, Johnny has experience serving as in-house counsel to for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Johnny’s in-house roles allowed him to expand his practice area from all things human resources to include commercial and intellectual property litigation, corporate transactions, and environmental compliance matters. This wide-ranging array of work has allowed Johnny to gain deep experience across the U.S. and internationally in a variety of sectors including manufacturing, transportation, health care, and government. In addition, Johnny has first-chair litigation experience in a variety of courts, administrative bodies, and arbitration tribunals.
After growing up in Maryland, Johnny went to college and played lacrosse for Washington & Lee University. Johnny graduated cum laude from The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law. Johnny’s wife is an elementary school teacher and their family includes three children and two dogs. Johnny primarily practices out of the firm’s Cambridge office.
- Maryland, 2002
- District of Columbia, 2003
- Virginia, 2003
- Pennsylvania, 2015
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Board Member of Baltimore Labor and Employment Relations Association, 2010-2012
- National Association of Manufacturers, 2015-2018
- Rising Star® in Employment Law, 2010-2012