Business & Commercial Law
Assisting Clients in Maryland, Delaware and Throughout the Eastern Shore With Business and Commercial Matters
Every single day, business owners are confronted by a range of both opportunities and challenges. The line between a profitable and growing enterprise and a company barely treading water is a thin one. Which side of the line your business ends up on can often depend on how you anticipate and address the legal issues which businesses of all sizes and in all industries face – and how effectively your company navigates these issues is largely dependent on the quality of your legal representation.
At McAllister, DeTar, Showalter & Walker (MDSW), our business and commercial lawyers partner with our business clients to provide the knowledge, insights and direction to help their companies thrive. We explore options, consider potential risks and craft personally tailored guidance and strategies focused squarely on shielding you and your company from risk and helping you achieve your business objectives.
Comprehensive, Sophisticated Business Representation
MDSW provides comprehensive business and commercial counsel for companies of all sizes in a broad range of industries. Our experienced and business-savvy attorneys have worked with local, regional and national companies on a wide range of matters, including:
- Business and Entity Formation. How you start your business can play a substantial role in where you end up. Picking the right entity structure is one of the first and most impactful choices business owners make. Modifying your corporate form in response to growth, ownership changes or other circumstances can also be crucial to sustained success. At MDSW, we work closely with you to understand your needs and goals and then select and establish the optimal business entity that can best protect your interests and fuel your company’s success.
- Governance, Operations and Compliance. You may have an outstanding business model and run your company like a well-oiled machine, but if you fail to follow required corporate formalities or neglect to submit necessary state or federal filings, you can imperil your business and expose yourself, other owners and corporate officers to potentially significant liability. Similarly, ongoing operations which run afoul of any number of local, state and federal regulations can leave you vulnerable. We help businesses develop proactive strategies, programs and protocols focused on ensuring prompt and complete business filings and full compliance with applicable law.
- Purchases, Sales, Transactions and Agreements. We provide thorough and meticulously drafted documentation and conduct complete due diligence for business transactions, reorganizations, spin-offs, mergers and acquisitions, purchase and sale agreements as well as contracts with business partners, suppliers, vendors and customers.
- General Corporate Counsel. We strive to provide effective outside general corporate counsel to clients of all size in all industries whether acting as local counsel to national companies entering Maryland or being outside general counsel to local or regional companies in every phase of their growth.
Our business lawyers also assist corporate clients with a range of other matters, such as:
- Business financing
- Business succession planning
- Employee benefits
- Employment issues
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Real estate leasing and transactions
- Securities and corporate finance
Legal Issues Are Not Confined to Business Hours. Neither Are We.
We know that legal matters are not confined to business hours. Questions can arise and issues may need to be addressed quickly and completely – any day, any time. We pride ourselves on our accessibility and responsiveness. With offices located throughout the Eastern Shore, MDSW offers business owners local representation they can rely on to keep their businesses on the right path to a prosperous future.
Consult With Our Eastern Shore Business Lawyers Today
With offices in Annapolis, Easton, Cambridge and Ocean City, McAllister, DeTar, Showalter & Walker is perfectly positioned to provide you and your business with high-level, personally tailored legal representation. Call us today at (410) 820-0222 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.