Estate Planning & Administration
Assisting Clients in Maryland, Delaware and Beyond With Complex Estate Planning Services
Contrary to what many think, estate planning is not about death; it’s about life. Estate planning is directly concerned with the lifetime of hard work you’ve put in to provide for your family. It’s about protecting the wealth you’ve earned and ensuring that you can enjoy it in your golden years. It’s about giving your loved ones peace of mind today and minimizing confusion and conflict in the future. But all of this requires careful planning and foresight. At McAllister, DeTar, Showalter & Walker (MDSW), we work closely with our clients to craft personally-tailored estate plans focused on achieving their unique goals and addressing their specific concerns.
Comprehensive and Personally-Tailored Estate Plans
Complex portfolios of assets, shifting priorities and changing laws make sophisticated estate planning and wealth preservation strategies invaluable. However, even individuals with modest assets reap significant benefits from having a comprehensive estate plan in place.
A well-crafted estate plan can:
- Minimize tax liabilities, provide asset protection and address concerns regarding costs of long-term care
- Ensure that your assets are distributed as you want so you can minimize court involvement and eliminate possible conflicts and discord between your loved ones after you’re gone
- Provide your children, whether minor, adult, or those with special needs with the care and resources they need
- Provide clarity and direction about healthcare and other significant decisions in the event that you become incapacitated and are unable to make such decisions for yourself
We take the time to get to know our estate planning clients and their families to better understand their goals. We also know that talking about estate planning can be difficult, so we emphasize trust, respect, patience and compassion when discussing these sensitive issues.
Our comprehensive estate planning and administration services include:
- Will drafting and execution
- Trust drafting and administration
- Special needs planning
- Probate counsel and representation
- Estate administration
- Business succession planning
- Tax planning
- Advance Medical Directives
- Charitable gift planning
- Long term care planning
- Retirement planning
- Asset protection strategies
Estate and Trust Administration
Those who have recently lost a loved one often find their grief and loss compounded by the burdens that come with administering the decedent’s estate and ensuring that both their wishes and the law are followed. We assist families with estate and trust administration matters, providing direction and clarity. If disputes arise, we endeavor to resolve them fairly and expeditiously to minimize family conflict and costly court proceedings.
Call Us Today to Discuss Your Estate Planning Needs
With a combination of sophisticated, nationwide experience and deep Eastern Shore roots, the attorneys at McAllister, DeTar, Showalter & Walker provide personal attention and comprehensive estate planning services to individuals and families. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and learn about how we may be able to assist you with your estate planning needs. Call us today at (410) 820-0222 or contact us online to arrange a consultation.